Exzellencluster im Auditory Valley
Scientific English & Scientific Writing
1) Scientific Writing - Starter level
This course aims at PhD students who are planning to write their first paper during this year.
Requirement for participation is that you have already sufficient data or you will gain it during this year in order to write a manuscript.
In order to arrange an appointment, interested PhD students are kindly asked to register via StudIP (57.01.350/ C4 Scientific Writing). Appointments will be arranged via doodle.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
2) Scientific English - Advanced level
- Individual support for presentations (mistakes, style of speech etc.)
- Improvement of manuscripts and technical documents
- English language practice, individual or in small groups (up to 4 person)
For additional wishes, arrangements (time, place) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) English+ - Language Center/ Graduate Academy Uni Oldenburg
Several practical workshops and seminars focussing on written and oral scientific communication are offered by the language center at the University of Oldenburg:
- Academic Writing in English, Module 1: The Language of Academic Texts
- Academic Writing in English, Module 2: Techniques for Writing Good Academic Texts
- Academic Writing in Engish, Module 3: Writing and Publishing a Research Paper
- Academic Presenting in English: Delivering Effective and Successful Talks
- Poster Presentations and Networking at International Conferences
Speaking Properly about Your Research: Effective Strategies for Communicating in Academic Contexts
More details and information about registration can be found here.
For further information please contact email@example.com.
This course is offered by Prof. Andrej Kral for PhD students writing their first paper. Requirement for this course is (sufficient) data to publish.
Another initial event and further meetings are on request on an individual level.
For more informations contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
PhD students from the Leibniz Universität can use the offer of the "Zentrum für Schlüsselkompetenzen (ZfSK)".
More detail can be found here.