Exzellencluster im Auditory Valley
The Joint Research Academy (JRA) is a support structure dedicated to the career development of junior scientists (PhD students, postdoctoral researchers, junior group leaders and junior professors) within the Cluster of Excellence “Hearing4all”. It offers educational, organisational as well as financial support in order to develop young academics into comprehensively educated and independent members of the scientific community with excellent chances to a successful career in academia, industry, or elsewhere.
Our support focuses on bolstering and expanding personal competence and providing guidance for a successful career.
- Mentoring programmes for PhD students and young postdocs
- Individiual career coaching
- Workshops on career-promoting skills (e.g.communicative skills, application training, pathway to professorship, leadership training)
- Lab visits promoting networking and extending knowledge
- Development of teaching skills (see offers of the Didactics, Oldenburg University)
Equal Opportunities and Family Support
The cluster of excellence aims at increasing the proportion of women in science. The JRA supports young female scientists for staying in science, but also assists them in embarking on a different career strategy if wanted. On behalf of reconciling an academic career with family life the JRA also offers access to individual solutions for child care as well as lab assistance in times of intense family commitment.
- Mentoring programme for female PhD students and postdocs
- Workshops and events for female scientists offered by the coordination office for equal opportunities of the MHH (https://www.mh-hannover.de/gleichstellungsmittelpoolen.html) are open to all female scientists of the cluster
- Technical Laboratory & Office Support relieving work burden especially for scientists during pregnancy, parental leave, or with small children (0-3 years).
- Child Care