Exzellencluster im Auditory Valley
Summer schools are organised annually by early career researchers and aim at networking as well as invigorating interdisciplinary collaboration between research projects. PhD students and postdoctoral researchers present their own research projects as highlight talks or poster presentations, discuss with each other and plan new research collaborations.
Internationally renowned scientists from research fields related to the cluster are invited to present their work giving an insight into their individual research projects. Discussions allow a direct contact and exchange of ideas. Experienced scientists of the cluster also contribute with presentations and seminars.
Furthermore, an event focussing on "soft skills" will point out the significance of social competences, as skills enabling effective communication, initiation of collaborations etc. gain more and more importance for career development and professional success.
There is also lots of time for exciting discussions and new contacts at our socialising events.
6th JRA Summer School (26-28 June 2018, Soltau)
Confirmed Keynote Speakers
- Dr. Maria Asplund (University of Freiburg, Germany)
"The healing powers of electricity - and the materials needed to make use of them"
- Prof. Dr. Enrique Lopez-Poveda (University of Salamanca, Spain)
"Reinstating olivocochlear efferent effects to improve cochlear implants"
- Prof. Dr. Sunil Puria (Harvard Medical School, USA)
"The design and development of a light-driven hearing aid"
Prof. Dr. David M. Landsberger (New York University School of Medicine, USA)
"Cochlear implants as a tool to study the auditory system"
H4A Internal & Alumni Speakers
- Prof. Dr. Alexander Heisterkamp (LUH): "An introduction to optogenetics"
- Prof. Dr. Stefan Debener (UOL): "Mobile EEG for mobile health?"
- Dr. Anna Warzybok (UOL): "Speech recognition performance and predictions"
- Max Timm (MHH): "Cochlea geometry-based electrode choice"
- Karl-Heinz Dyballa (MHH): "The auditory midbrain implant"
- Angel Castro Martinez (Deutsche Telekom): "My path from academia to industry"
Highlight-Talks & Posters of PhD Students and Postdocs
PhD students and postdoctoral researchers are invited to present and discuss their research project, either as poster presentation or highlight talk.
Please submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org :
- Author's name and co-author's names
- Your photograph
- Abstract (see guidelines)
A number of oral highlight presentations (15 min duration) will be selected from the submissions by the organizing team. Please state if your contribution should not be considered for oral presentation.
Posters (DIN A0, portrait) will be on display not only in dedicated poster sessions but also throughout the complete Summer School. The best posters will be awarded.
- Soft skill workshop "Asking the right questions" (Hesse & Schrader Büro für Berufs-strategie, Berlin)
- Science Slam
- Bike rallye and BBQ
- Child care
Registration for participation can be done together with the registration for Summer school and plenary meeting.
Hotel Park Soltau
Winsener Str. 111
Bus transport will be provided for participants from Oldenburg. Participants from Hannover will plan their travel arrangements individually.
Organizers & Contact
Inga Wille, Tim-Joshua Pinkvos (LUH)
Florian Langner, Martin Mamach, Christine Baumhoff (MHH)
Joanna Luberadzka, Florian Denk, Mark Pottek (UOL)
In case of questions or suggestions, please contact us: