Exzellencluster im Auditory Valley
Career Development, Equal Opportunities and Support for Scientists with Family
Our priority is the promotion of young scientists, their support in terms of Personal Competence strengthening and future Career Development. We provide Mentoring and Coaching Programmes, Training and Workshops for all levels of young researchers starting at Ph.D. student level, for postdoctoral fellows or scientists in their first group leading positions as senior research fellows and Junior-Professors.
The cluster of excellence aims at increasing the number of women in science. Collaborations with Gender Commissioners and scientists specialised in the field guarantee the development of programmes according the needs of the specific target group. By systematic monitoring of the equality-promoting measures an annual evaluation of gender equality improvement will be performed.
It is our mission to improve workplace practices that promote a healthy work and family balance. Therefore, we are continuously extending care services for our employees' children. Our daycare offers enable especially young families to organize their professional and private lives flexibly. Here, our special concerns are individual and flexible solutions for parents with very small children willing to come back to work.
Our support offers have two major scopes:
1. Career Development
- Mentoring programmes for female and male Ph.D. students and young Postdocs
- New: Workshop Series "The Academic Career Path" for Early Career Researcher (Postdocs & Ph.D. students)
- Workshops and Events for female Scientists offered by the coordination office for equal opportunities of the MHH (http://www.mh-hannover.de/termine_mittelpoolen.html) are open for all female scientists within the cluster.
- Lab Visits promoting networking and extending knowledge for PhD students and postdoctoral researcher
- Didactics (Oldenburg University)
2. Support for Scientists with Family
- Technical Laboratory & Office Support relieving work burden especially for scientists during pregnancy, maternal/paternal leave, or with small children (0-3 years).
- Child Care
- Support in CHILD DAY CARE is provided by Studentenwerk Oldenburg/International Relations Office for our international scientists
- CHILD CARE at weekly basis for HOLIDAYS is organized by Carl-von-Ossietzky University Oldenburg and Familienservice Weser-Ems e.V. For more information and application, please follow the link